Dog Vaccinations in Somerset
Turn to Bridge Vet Ltd when you need vets who are experienced in performing dog vaccinations. Our team of veterinary surgeons are well-versed in carrying out health checks and vaccinating puppies so that they are ready for whatever life throws at them.
We highly recommend that your puppy is vaccinated from 6-8 weeks of age, with a 4-week gap between the first and second treatments, and then annually thereafter. Our recommendations have been updated recently, due to the development of a new leptospirosis vaccination. There have been many cases reported recently of the new strains causing disease in dogs in this area and so all adult dogs are also being upgraded as they come in for annual booster at no extra cost.
Our dog basic vaccination course covers:
We also provide supplementary vaccinations for bordetella bronchiseptica (kennel cough), which is not just a threat to dogs in kennels, contrary to popular belief.
Benefits of Puppy and Dog Vaccinations
Vaccinations are vital for dog lovers because they not only protect your puppy but the larger dog community. The canine population steadily gains "herd immunity" as vaccinations increase, meaning that not only are individual dogs protected but the diseases that affect them spread less easily.
5 Quick Facts about Dog Vaccinations
To help with your decision making process, here's a quick summary of important facts that we feel dog owners should know:
- Vaccinations not only protect against life-threatening diseases and uncomfortable ailments - they also prevent some afflictions that can't be treated if caught
- Most vaccinations are given via injection under the skin, most often in the area around the neck
- Pets often need boosters - where humans only rarely do - because they have less "herd immunity" in their population than us
- The benefits of vaccinations are scientifically proven to outweigh the alternative risks of your dog contracting a serious disease or those rare cases where side effects occur
- Vets carry out a full health check before vaccinating to ensure that your dog will get the full benefit of the treatment
Call Bridge Veterinary Surgery on 08000 257 654 for more information on our preventative treatments for your puppy. Alternatively, contact us at
to book a non-urgent appointment for your four-legged friend.